Aims and Objectives
The ISAC Working Group on Collateral Effects of Anti-infectives was founded during a DMS Conference in Bucharest, 4 – 6 October 2006, chaired by Mihai Nechifor (Lasi, Romania) and the late Jean Claude Pechere (Geneva, Switzerland).
The aims of this Working Group are as follows -
- Increasing the ADRs report correctness regarding the anti-infective drugs in hospitalised patients and outpatients
- ADRs in the cases of self medication with anti-infective drugs
- ADRs study in on-label versus off-label use of the anti-infective drugs
- Study about the ADRs in prophylactic use of anti-infectives
- Pathways and methods to decrease ADRs incidence
In the next two years the members of our group will search to increase the area of study of ADRS in inpatient and also in outpatients from different age groups. There will be studies to establish the importance of risk factors (sex age, off-label use, and others) for the occurrence of adverse reactions to antibacterial and antiviral drugs.